08 July 2013

Air Salamander

Flying boxcar of doom!!!!
So its been awhile since I've updated. Honestly I've been cheating on my Salamanders with the Tau.

I'm sure they will be best buddies when I get them on the table together, at least that's what the main rule book tells me. I did decide though that I needed to put the Tau down for a few days and work on a project that's been sitting around for quite awhile.

The storm Eagle!!!

I bought this kit last year as a birthday present to myself.  I figured I should go ahead and spend my birthday day off this year finally putting it together.   That was a mistake.  Worst way ever to spend my birthday off, this kit almost got to fly under its own power.  I've assembled a fair share of ForgeWorld kits, each brings their own challenges.  This one how ever is probably one of the hardest I've ever tackled.   Even after extensive heating and alignment, nothing went together they way it was supposed too.  The kit is fully assembled with the exception of the windshield that will go on last.  It will probably take me another full day of gap filling and cleanup before I can start the painting process.

The cool part, with this kit being almost 75% resin, it will cost me very little on Ebay to pick up enough parts to make a Storm Raven out of the leftovers!.  That will give me a Talon, Raven and Eagle.  Of course I have plans to replace my current talon with a much better model, but that is an update for a later date!

Now I just have to hope they don't finally come out with the plastic Thunder Hawk kit, then I'll truly have to have a fully air mobile Salamanders force.

No comments: