08 February 2010

W.I.P

It was a slow weekend at the forges, not much accomplished.

First up is our experiment in painting, our Chaplin in Power Armor.  I was intrigued by an article over at the Vanus Temple about painting black using layers of inks and washes only.  I misread a crucial step and washed with the wrong brown town on the second step, but it just took a couple more washes of black.  He doesn't look to bad.  My biggest issue with the technique is the issue of cleaning up if you slip up doing detail work.  With a normal base coat you can come back later with a touch up, but with the washes there is no such ability.  I'm having to be very very slow on all the detail work.  I've also opted to go with a very dark version of the green I'm using on the rest of the force for his trim.  I figured lets keep his whole theme dark.


Next up on the WIP parade is the impulse buy from Sat.  I was at a local game store that tends to carry older out of print stock.  I was looking for a specific sisters Sgt which no one seems to have.  I found this guy lurking in the back and got excited and bought him with out really thinking.  He is going to work perfectly, but I thought he was out of print.  I really should have checked first!  I could have picked him up later.  Oh well I present Company Champion Dugal.  He's got a combat shield ad on to take him from Emperors champion to Company Champion and it looks better then I dreamed once I got it in place.


That's all for now, still on the painting table is squad 2, and the rest of the Assault squad.  As well as our dear friend the Dreadnought.

No comments: