19 March 2010

League Night 2, Game 1

Well tonight found me at the Gamers Realm for my second night of Escalation League Play.  My first opponent of the evening was an amazing looking unit of Chaos Traitor Guardsmen.  These guys turned out to be as mean as they look.  Three scratch built chimera's two with vet squads and the third with a command squad.  All had a ton of meltas and flamers.

I got dumb again in the hopes of maximizing the amount of fire I could deploy first turn and split my teams into their mini devastator and close combat teams.  While I got off my shots I couldn't hit anything most of the first rounds.   The game broke down into a knife fight towards the center of the board, with my predator and the chimeras trading close in shots with teams of infantry swarming the board.

I thought the vehicles were bad, it only got worse when the guard got out of their rides.  Two combat squads ended up going toe to toe with two infantry squads but between a power fist and a ton of guys my marines didn't stand a chance.   The third combat squad held the center of the board down to the poor lone melta trooper who ended up fending of a squad of crazed demon worshipers for at least a round before finally being brought low.

The game ended with most of the infantry on both sides being decimated, not a single moving vehicle left, but I was down to a depleted combat squad and he had two under strength squads.  The victory was his, and it was well earned.

No comments: