23 March 2010

A tail of two airbrushes

Soo back first of the year I fired up my airbrush for the first time in a long time.  I needed to get a quick base coat on some minis for a tourney.  Needless to say it did not go well.

15 troops, 3 rhinos 3 1/2 hours!

I bought myself a new baby an Anthem 155 by Badger, and wow did it make a difference.  Not only is it a double action instead of a single, it just plain works!

21 troops, 6 terminators, 3 devastators 1 hour (including setup and clean up!)

I did actually have one problem with this batch, I've still got to get a good way of getting the right mix ratio.  I'm allot closer on this batch then the last but its still a tad wet.  I also ran out of paint.  Still have a small batch of terminators that need a base, but I'm trying to get my hands on a razorback and do some fix up on an older rhino kit as well.

Cool news is in this batch is the uber cool ex emperors champion with a minor conversion making him an excellent company champion!  We also have the converted Assault on Black Reach Sgt, little dremel work to add a helmet and a quick hand and weapon swap out to give him a combi melta.  I think he turned out pretty well.

No comments: