12 October 2010

Quick update

Just a quick WIP update with some photos.

First up is the Devastator squad taking shape, the Sgt is mostly together as are the Heavy Bolter and Plasma Cannon.
 I've been working on salvaging some parts to make some special vets for my command squad.  Three vets in Errant chest plates with Plasma and Power weapons..always fun at parties.



 Next up a tactical sergeant built out of spare parts in an effort to get some power fists out into the squads.  He was actually pulled apart and reposed after his first one just looked dumb.






 And of course big daddy himself, his painting has been going slow.  I decided to try inking the cloak strait over the primer and I'm really liking it.  One layer of darker brown and then 5 or 6 layers of sepia.  I've made sure to over ink the shadow areas and I think its really turning out well. 




In the mail I got shipment 2 of three from the UK.  The guys over at S6 Engineering have some amazing stuff.  I ordered a set of their bright orange templates and one of their improved flying stands.  I was a bit worried when I opened the package but then realized I had to peel the protective covering off of the acrylic.  This stuff is nice and heavy duty and will stand up for a long time.  The flight stand comes with a magnetic top to attach to your favorite flier and follows the same dimensions as a standard flight stand with a heavier base. 

That's it for now, I'm really trying to work harder in Oct to get stuff painted!

No comments: